Position: Attendance Coordinator – Job Description for Recruitment
Vision Charter Academy is a public charter school authorized by Delta County School District on the Western Slope of Colorado with the following Mission and Vision:
Mission: Individualized education through partnerships with families and communities.
Vision: Vision Charter Academy is and will continue to provide an individualized education plan for a family partner of choice for nurturing lifelong learners who are thriving, contributing members of society.
Please visit our website to learn more: https://www.visioncharteracademy.org
Job Title: Attendance Coordinator
Location: Delta, CO
Reports to: Academic Administrators
Purpose: Partner with families and learners to facilitate attendance plans to support improved attendance and academic success.
Pay Scale: $17 – $20.11/ hour Full Time
Days/Year: 197 (10 days paid not working over the holiday break)
Hours/Week: 40 (Exempt, Full-time)
*Some hours to be worked on-site with remote work an option for other hours.
Benefits: Full-time position qualifies for Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) benefits and qualifies for health, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance benefits. Full-time employees are also eligible for a leave package.
Education/Certification: High Diploma or Equivalent
Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to pass a background check to work in a school.
A minimum of one year experience in the educational field, youth services, and/or coaching with preference given to candidates who have experience in a blended educational model.
Special Knowledge: The right candidate will have experience in individualized learning and blended educational models and programs, as well as excellent communication and relationship skills.
- Coaching skills for guiding, training, and empowering learners to successfully complete their weekly targets and goals within each course.
- Partnering with parent/learning coaches to provide needed support to the learner in order to meet their weekly targets and goals within each course.
- Knowledge of MTSS, special education, gifted, and 504 planning and implementation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to balance a collaborative relationship with the accountability required.
General Description of Duties:
Provide support and accountability to learners and families with excessive attendance issues.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Build relationships with learners and families as collaborative partners in education.
- Reviews absences and sends out notice of absence letters.
- Creates and facilitates implementation of Attendance Contracts.
- Advises parents and learners on the necessity for regular attendance, providing information about State requirements and school policies and procedures.
- Assists in the identification of learners with social, emotional and academic needs that may affect school attendance.
- As needed, refer learners/families to VCA MTSS for additional support.
- Collaborates with school staff to develop interventions for learners who are truant and develops individualized plans to improve attendance.
- Acts as a resource to staff members regarding attendance programs, interpretation of policies/procedures, and record-keeping requirements.
- Works directly with parents who need extra support to provide the necessary oversight of learner’s progress in all classes.
- Works directly with learners who need extra support including monitoring Academic Lab
- Models non-discriminatory practices in all activities.
- Must have knowledge of and comply with the policies and procedures contained in the VCA handbook.
- Other duties as assigned
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Maintain a regular presence on campus.
Carry out other organizational requirements as necessary including, but not limited to:
- Assist with proctoring Learner assessments as assigned
- Communicate effectively with the staff members, learners, parents, administrators, and
other contact persons
- Participate in employee evaluation and professional development opportunities
- Attend meetings, trainings, committees as required
- Meet organizational deadlines and communication protocols
- Accomplishes organizational goals by carrying out other duties relevant to position as assigned by the supervisor
- This position works in a school environment.
- Long periods of sitting, standing, talking on the telephone, and typing may be required.
- It is common for this position to have a fluctuated schedule with increased periods of stress.
- May be required to work evening hours and weekends for special program events.
- Position includes both hours on site and at times remote work components.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
*Vision Charter Academy is a drug-free workplace. All employees must agree to abide by our drug-free policy as a condition of employment. We are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer.